12 months of easy Random Acts of Kindness to strangers

Random Acts of Kindness

I have always tried to do Random acts of Kindness for strangers throughout my life and will continue to do so. However as my voluntary projects were ad hoc over the last year I decided to do at least one Random Act of Kindness each month and here’s what I did.

Here’s a list of some of the things I have done each month:

– I gave my L’Occtiane free gift to a stranger in the store, for his pregnant wife who loves the brand as he did not have the voucher email.
– Gave some change to a stranger who was purchasing something and they would not accept card payment (we’ve all been there).
– I gave several of my John Lewis free cake and hot drink vouchers to strangers while in the store.
– Talked to the shy person who’s sitting by themselves at a party.
– I wrote ‘have a great day gorgeous,’ on a sticky note and left it in a public restroom of a restaurant.
– I told a stranger who was hovering near a counter in a department store that she looked stunning.
– I purchased something I did not want because it gave a large percentage donation to a good cause and then giving that item to a stranger in a store.
– I wrote a lovely card to a stranger and gave it to somebody on the train.
– Gave someone my parking ticket so they could park for free.
– I let someone at the bank go ahead as he had been there for ages and was struggling with using the machines and I was waiting for a cashier.
– I went out of my way to give somebody a lift home from work .
– Cancelled my plans to be there for someone who needed help.
– Given lots of skincare and make up products to strangers as well as friends.
– I gave restaurant vouchers I had won to a stranger.
– I left a bouquet at the hospital for the nurse to give to someone who needed it the most
– Thank you cards and gifts to neighbours, postman, the dustbin people, the Drs surgery and staff etc

Some of the things I do every year and so I have not done before. I want to continue to do such things as it brings me joy when I bring joy to others. What random acts of kindness have you done? What would you like to do? Have you experienced random acts of kindness, what were they?

14 Comments

1. January 4, 2017 / 7:43 am

What a lovely series of kind things you’ve done. It’s great to put that positivity out there. I hope it inspired others to do similar things. Vx

2. January 4, 2017 / 8:29 am

Wouldn’t life be great if everyone did this. X

3. January 4, 2017 / 1:56 pm

Love this! I’m going to try and do some of these acts of kindness this year 🙂

Rachael xx.
    theteacozykitchen.blogspot.co.uk

4. January 4, 2017 / 5:39 pm

Wow that’s so lovely of you to do some of tbose things! I have given away a few of my beauty products as gifts to people I know but you have gone out of your way to be kind and it’s great!

Amina xx | http://www.AliandHer.com

• Nital Shah
      January 29, 2017 / 4:07 pm

Thank you! I have alway tried to do similar things my whole life but I made a conscious point of doing it every month this year! It really brings a smile to my face, especially seeing the reactions of people for some of the Random Acts where I get to speak or see the people. xx

• Nital Shah
      January 29, 2017 / 4:08 pm

Thank you! It’s really rewarding! It really brings a smile to my face, especially seeing the reactions of people for some of the Random Acts where I get to speak or see the people. xx

• Nital Shah
      January 29, 2017 / 4:08 pm

Thank you! It’s really rewarding! xx

5. January 8, 2017 / 11:08 am

That’s so sweet of you! I hope the kindness you spread around will get back to you in 2017! Happy New Year! Love, Iga x http://www.igaberry.com

• Nital Shah
      January 29, 2017 / 4:10 pm

6. June 23, 2017 / 10:37 am

This post made me smile so much! I always go out of my way to be super polite and friendly to any staff in any shop/cafe etc, but I love the idea of leaving random notes for people 🙂 x

• Nital Shah
      July 10, 2017 / 6:24 am

Thank you, I love doing these types of random things.

7. September 9, 2017 / 2:56 pm

This is so cute! I nearly bumped into a lady who stopped dead in front of me in Camden High Street the other day to look in the window at a top. Instead of giving her the classic Kelly eye roll – I told her to buy it because it would look lovely on her. I felt A LOT better than I did had I have been stroppy. Everyone should do a daily act of kindness – the world would be a better place.