I have always tried to do Random acts of Kindness for strangers throughout my life and will continue to do so. However as my voluntary projects were ad hoc over the last year I decided to do at least one Random Act of Kindness each month and here’s what I did.
Here’s a list of some of the things I have done each month:
– I gave my L’Occtiane free gift to a stranger in the store, for his pregnant wife who loves the brand as he did not have the voucher email.
– Gave some change to a stranger who was purchasing something and they would not accept card payment (we’ve all been there).
– I gave several of my John Lewis free cake and hot drink vouchers to strangers while in the store.
– Talked to the shy person who’s sitting by themselves at a party.
– I wrote ‘have a great day gorgeous,’ on a sticky note and left it in a public restroom of a restaurant.
– I told a stranger who was hovering near a counter in a department store that she looked stunning.
– I purchased something I did not want because it gave a large percentage donation to a good cause and then giving that item to a stranger in a store.
– I wrote a lovely card to a stranger and gave it to somebody on the train.
– Gave someone my parking ticket so they could park for free.
– I let someone at the bank go ahead as he had been there for ages and was struggling with using the machines and I was waiting for a cashier.
– I went out of my way to give somebody a lift home from work .
– Cancelled my plans to be there for someone who needed help.
– Given lots of skincare and make up products to strangers as well as friends.
– I gave restaurant vouchers I had won to a stranger.
– I left a bouquet at the hospital for the nurse to give to someone who needed it the most
– Thank you cards and gifts to neighbours, postman, the dustbin people, the Drs surgery and staff etc
Some of the things I do every year and so I have not done before. I want to continue to do such things as it brings me joy when I bring joy to others. What random acts of kindness have you done? What would you like to do? Have you experienced random acts of kindness, what were they?